Hello from Raleigh, NC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M-P

Reaction score
Been brewing for a couple of years now, but decided to join yesterday to get some extra info on a beer that I just finished brewing (Chocolate Milk Oatmeal Stout...my first beer using cocoa powder or lactose). Figured I would introduce myself and see if I can't contribute a bit.

I've got a few recipes that turned out great that I would love to share and get some input on. My last was a Indian Brown Ale that everyone seemed to like, but my biggest success was a Molasses Porter that I brewed a while back.

~M-P

Welcome from the quiet metropolis of Cary. Let's get together for a beer.

Welcome :mug:
I made a Chocolate Milk Stout, no oatmeal, a little bit ago.
Used Hershey's Chocolate Syrup, out of a can, not the plastic bottle.
Used the whole can.
Turned out really good.

Cheers from High Point, NC.

I was down your way last week. I literally stumbled upon American Brewmaster down there. Picked up my kegging kit from them on a whim. Really nice LHBS. I'm sure you've been there but if not, definately check them out.

I was down your way last week. I literally stumbled upon American Brewmaster down there. Picked up my kegging kit from them on a whim. Really nice LHBS. I'm sure you've been there but if not, definately check them out.

+1, Mark runs a great business there. All the employees are very knowledgeable and helpful.

Nice to see other NC brewers.

Wow, stumbling on American Brewmaster is no easy task since it is on a random side road. I buy all my ingredients from there...nice people and nice store.

Howdy! Wish you could have been there today with us at our GRABASS gathering. Keep an eye on the local events threads or host one yourself!

Howdy! Wish you could have been there today with us at our GRABASS gathering. Keep an eye on the local events threads or host one yourself!

Yeah, that would have been fun. I'll keep an eye out.

+1 on American Brewmasters. I get my yeast there and it is always fresh. I also pick up equipment there on a whim and it isnt too expensive. Welcome to the forums.

Haha.

You're not very far south of me because I live in the Lake Wheeler area. I usually go find food in Garner.

Welcome! My wife and I are actually moving down the the Raleigh area in a couple of years. Waiting for the housing market to bounce back, or we may just give up and go. We plan on opening a brewpub around that area. My inlaws have a house in sunset beach.

I'm kinda new to this forum and also live near Lake Wheeler. Have been brewing on and off for 30 years now. Got back into it when my son can home from college last year for x-mass break and was interested in making beer. So I broke out my brewing equipment in the attic and show him the basics. Now 20+ batches later I'm into all grain and trying to upgrade to a 10 gal. setup. Just seems to go on and on now. anyone know where I can get some cheap 15 gallon beer kegs around here, let me know.

Hey,
New to the forum thought I'd introduce myself. Live in Cary, work in Raleigh, brewed 7 batches so far. I'll be at the Carborro Winter Brew Fest, is anyone else going to be there?

Hey,
New to the forum thought I'd introduce myself. Live in Cary, work in Raleigh, brewed 7 batches so far. I'll be at the Carborro Winter Brew Fest, is anyone else going to be there?

When is the Brew Fest?

Welcome! My wife and I are actually moving down the the Raleigh area in a couple of years. Waiting for the housing market to bounce back, or we may just give up and go. We plan on opening a brewpub around that area. My inlaws have a house in sunset beach.

shoot, lemme know if you are hiring! job market is kinda crumby for what i do.

I'll have to look into that beer festival...went to the Hickory Hops Festival last year and loved it.

Back