Hello: From Phoenix, AZ

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scorpionsix

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have been visiting homebrewtalk.com prior to joining and have found the information very informative and helpful. With this being said, I decided to join and take part in the active discussions.

I am currently aging my second Hefeweizen and decided to play around with the priming sugar this go around; above what the extract kit provided. The first batch was very good and was drinkable after two weeks, but I did find it got better with age.

In my obsession with brewing beer, I foolishly cooked a Belgian Tripel and a Saison / Farmhouse Ale. The Tripel is on week four in the primary and the Saison / Farmhouse Ale is in the Secondary (awaiting dry hops on the fifth week). With this being said, I now have to brew and ferment in the primary until both stronger beers are done; this doesn't sound like a bad thing however.

From this forum, I hope to learn more about advanced types of brewing above and beyond the extract kits. While kits are fun at first, I have thought what a recipe might be like if a different ingredient was used or substituted ones place.

Looking forward to meeting everyone and learning more about home brewing.

As a fellow Arizonan, welcome! I've learned quite a bit from this forum as well. I started with an extract kit from Brew Your Own here in Scottsdale before going all-grain and haven't looked back :mug:

I have an Imperial IPA fermenting now; doing a saison second since it's starting to warm up here now.

Hello: and nice to meet you. I have not yet been to brew your own in Scottsdale, is that a good store? I normally either go to Anthem or Tempe close to where I work for my brewing needs.

It's pretty good, although I think Brewers Connection has a better selection of grains and BYO doesn't seem to carry some things like Fermcap or Polyclar. Hops & Tannins is the store up by Anthem if I'm not mistaken?

Latest posts

Back