Hello from PDX via DC via PDX via TX via NJ

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShortSnoutBrewing

Kwanesum Chinook Illahee
Reaction score
Yeah, I've moved a little...Just thought I'd pop in and sell hello. Just found the forum while doing some research and thought I'd join. Brewing for about 6 years on and off. Thinking of starting up the AG brewing. Did my first partial mash last Friday.

Also just picked up two kegs from a local brewery to convert to kettles. Anyone in PDX have suggestions where to take them to have the tops cut out?

I had to google pdx to know you meant portland. Welcome!

If you know anyone with an angle grinder...that should do the trick.

Welcome! I have a couple of buds of mine who own arc cutters. However that would most likely be too sloppy for kettles. Anyway welcome to the fourm where do you shop in portland?

Kilted Brewer said:
Yeah, I've moved a little...Just thought I'd pop in and sell hello. Just found the forum while doing some research and thought I'd join. Brewing for about 6 years on and off. Thinking of starting up the AG brewing. Did my first partial mash last Friday.

Also just picked up two kegs from a local brewery to convert to kettles. Anyone in PDX have suggestions where to take them to have the tops cut out?
Bring it to St. Louis...

I'll take real good care of that keg for ya... ;)

Keggle_1.JPG

Unfortunately, you just missed the Oregon Brew Crew meeting. If you join, you could ask on the email list. I'm a member, but live way south & only know about brewpubs and Powell's Books.

I was a member of the OBC when I lived here 6 years ago. Just haven't had the chance to hit up a meeting to rejoin, but plan too.

I thought I had mentioned it before, but I guess not. Steinbarts will cut it for $20. I still haven't decided if I'll be adding to my small tool library or if I'll pay them. I'm not at the point of actually NEEDING the kegs just yet so I'm holding off for a little while.

Yaay another portlander on the boards! Well met and welcome! You can either have Steinbarts cut it, or you could spend the $20 on an angle grinder from harbor freight tools and do it yourself.

And biermuncher, MUST you always show off your ugly junk to the newbies! People think we're strange enough as it is!

eviltwinofjoni said:
And biermuncher, MUST you always show off your ugly junk to the newbies! People think we're strange enough as it is!

I don't need to be hearing about anyone's "junk" other than my own, thank you!
:mug:

Hello from another Orygonian, little further South in Canby myself. And I will spare you the details on my junk ........................for now.

Back