Hello from PA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spitfire

Reaction score
Well I decided to post after lurking on and off for sometime. I am soon to be 28 married with a 3 y/o and a we just had our 2nd daughter on Feb 16th 2009. Some other hobbies of mine include woodworking, I have a full woodworking shop in my basement where I will soon be making bar supplies and offering them here. I also play Disc Golf and have played for about 4 years.

When I turned 21 I hated beer, drank mostly whiskey sours and the like. That got pricy so I started drinking more and more beer but it wasn't until my buddy turned me onto craft style beers that I got hooked. About 4 years ago I bought a Beer machine and tried to brew my own and it was bad, taste was bad, just turned me off from brewing. About a year ago i got the bug again to brew but couldn't find the time or want to pay the price for a starter kit. I have gotten the bug again and thing I want to give this a go. I have discovered that I don't need a kit as it seems like I won't use half the stuff that comes in a kit anyways. I will going out searching the flea markets and Craigslist the next few weeks to start getting my supplies. I already have a beer fridge so I am good there. I don't plan to bottle, going straight to kegs as it seems easier this way.

I have a ton of questions and plan on starting another post for those so bear with me while I learn :mug:

Jason

Damn, must be nice to live that close. Do you play disc golf?
I was just guessing the 2 hours. It only takes me about 1:15 to get to Camp Hill

Damn, must be nice to live that close.

It is. :D If you walk out my front door, make a right and walk 1/4 mile your feet will get wet. I don't play but I've seen the course, must be a good one considering the use it gets.

Welcome and congrats on your second!! :mug:

Welcome, spitfire. I'm very familiar with your neck of the woods and grew up not far from there. I even used to work summers at Knoebels.

Knoebels, great place, I take my daughter there a few times a year. Where did you live at? I assume in the Southern Columbia area since you worked at Knoebels.

Knoebels, great place, I take my daughter there a few times a year. Where did you live at? I assume in the Southern Columbia area since you worked at Knoebels.

You know the big grass field/parking lot at Knoebels? That's my grandfather's (leases it to Knoebels) and his farm is visible up the road. That's where I spent my summers... good times!

Back