Hello from North East Pennsylvania

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whip

Reaction score
Just a quick introduction that probably sounds like a hundred before me.

I'm a first time home brewer. NRA Instructor. Licensed Amateur Radio Operator and beer lover.

I just took the plunge, purchased all necessary equipment and started brewing my own beer. My first batch is 5 days into primary fermentation. Like all first timers I have some questions that I'm having trouble getting answers for so I went looking for forums and here I am.

After brewing my first batch I can tell I'm already hooked. I never imagined the amount of tweeking you can do with a beer recipe. Already planning on brewing my second batch about 2 or 3 days after my first batch comes out of primary fermentation.

I was saddened to see the Steelers get whipped by New England the other day but happy to have you Pennsylvania brewers on the forum. I've brewed some awesome brew in my days. Been on the road a bit lately. Look forward to getting back into it. I see at least 3 of you from PA introducing yourselves so welcome all of you. - Enjoy :mug:

Welcome! Enjoy the slow downward spiral into Brewing Bliss

You really aren't that far south. I'm in Schuylkill County. My Aunt graduated from Millersville.

I live in Dauphin county. Near Stony Creek. I come through Schuylkill ALL the time. Scotzin Bros. in Lemoyne is a great place. If you ever get down this way check them out.

Welcome aboard.

Welcome! Enjoy the slow downward spiral into Brewing Bliss

Slow spiral?!?! I just dropped $200 for more equipment with another $200 on the horizon. Stepping up to BIAB on my way to all grain brewing. This spiral is NOT slow ! In my case it's more like a plunge ! Straight down !

BTW - All you people here are partially to blame ! ! ! ! The welcome and advice have been FANTASTIC to say the least.

On the brighter side, I brewed a dark cherry stout last night and the little woman was sticking her face in the boil kettle to smell the "wonderful aroma!" every 10 minutes. And she doesn't like beer ! LOL

Is there a brew supplier that sells time machines? I need to jump ahead 6 weeks to taste that stout ! ! !

Back