Hello, from Norfolk, Va

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morrissey1

Reaction score
My name is Sonny, Im new to home brewing and im very excited about my first brew..Brewers Best Holiday Ale. I cooked and transfered my brew to the fermenting stage last night. Im happy to say that within 6 hours I had activity in my airlock, so im off to the races and keeping my fingers crossed. Like all folks im sure, my taste in beer changes like the weather. After having gone through a Imperial stout stage and Imperial porter ive gone totally the other way. Im now really enjoying the Czech style Pilsners. Im married with two kids and Im a Longshoreman. Thats pretty much it, and I look foward to learning all I can about home brewing.

Welcome to the forum, theres sevral of us fellow VA people here. We're a good lot.

Longshoreman? I don't think Ive heard of that occupation on this board before.

WELCOME! & get to brewing soemthign else.

Welcome from around the corner!
Brewing is a fun hobby(addiction) stand by to get sucked in!

-Me

Welcome,

I am in Norfolk as well and just joined the forum too - though I have been brewing for a while. You might want to look into signing up for the local homebrew club as well BARF (Beer and Ale Research Foundation).

Hopefully I'll see you around.

Porter

Welcome Sonny from a fellow VA guy originally from Williamsburg, now in Harrisonburg. I'm currently in the Imperial Stout phase you were talking about. You're right, tastes change like the weather. I think it's the cold weather that's driving my preference.

welcome from VA beach. i am like you with the changing beer tastes. i have 3 beers on tap and 2 different meads and i still get tired of my brew. i wont be happy until have at least 5-6 different beers to choose from. call me if you ever need help or advice. i'm no guru, but i've been brewing for a long time.

Know what you mean. I used to love pale ale and bocks, now it's belgian white first and island style lager second.

Back