Hello from NJ!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StubbsPKS

Reaction score
Hey everyone, my name is Mat and I'm currently living in New Jersey. I started brewing in 2010 over in Edinburgh, Scotland but have recently moved back to the good ol' USA!

I'm excited to get settled and start getting my AG brewery re-built! My old setup was a plastic electric setup that I used for 5 gal brews, but this time I'm planning to control the BK temp with a PID ;)

I've been reading all of the electric threads I can find, and will probably be asking a WHOLE lot of questions since I'll probably be running 2x 120v elements so I won't need to have a separate run for brewing as I envision renting in my immediate future :(

StubbsPKS said:
Hey everyone, my name is Mat and I'm currently living in New Jersey. I started brewing in 2010 over in Edinburgh, Scotland but have recently moved back to the good ol' USA! I'm excited to get settled and start getting my AG brewery re-built! My old setup was a plastic electric setup that I used for 5 gal brews, but this time I'm planning to control the BK temp with a PID ;) I've been reading all of the electric threads I can find, and will probably be asking a WHOLE lot of questions since I'll probably be running 2x 120v elements so I won't need to have a separate run for brewing as I envision renting in my immediate future :(

Hi Matt,

Welcome. If your apartment has a 30A dryer hookup you'll be good to go for 240v 5500w (enough for 10g batches no problem)

Best of luck and happy brewing!

Marc

Back