Hello from near Colorado Springs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irontodd

Reaction score
Hi all, new member here, outside Colorado Springs. I started my homebrew journey on Father's Day this year with a Northern Brewer (NB) Kit. Since then I've done the following 5 and 6 gallon batches:
NB Block Party Amber Ale
Brewers Best (BB) Cider House Strawberry Pear
NB Block Party Amber Ale (just to refine my technique on a familiar recipe)
BB Cider House Select Peach Mango
BB White Chocolate Blonde Stout
BB Coffee Porter
BB American Amber
BB Witbier
BB IPA (Still in fermenter)
BB Cider House Select Cherry (Mixed Today)
BB Kolsh on deck - want to get the proper Kolsh yeast

I've already learned a lot just by doing but figure there's more to learn in the hobby. Such as moving from Extract Kits to extract brewing just from a recipe, to partial mash, and eventually all-grain. AG is way down the road because the water here needs much adjustment - our well water has a 9.2 pH.

Currently looking into Keg systems. I have a spare fridge in the garage that should easily fit 4 cornys; I plan on moving that into the basement.

well, that's me as a brewer in a nutshell. Happy to be here!

Welcome to the forum, from Minnesota! Looks like you've been busy with brewing the past several months. Feel free to throw questions at us. When you are ready to work on that water (pH 9.2--yikes!), there are some very knowledgeable people here who can help.

Back