Hello from NC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mancavebrew

Reaction score
Whoever puts this forum on rocks! I think you guys might see more from me as time goes on. Anyways on to the intro:

I live in Raleigh, NC and just got involved with beer brewing. It's always been something that my friends and I talk about but never act on. Well, it's about time I take the dive into a new hobby and perhaps more.

I figured I would start small and go with Mr. Beer. :confused: I am a casually wooter (woot.com) and Mr. Beer had a promo for their premium kit for 25 bucks or so. I'm almost done with my first batch but here's the kicker... I have a friend who works for a major pump/valve/heat exchanger/you name it distributor so if this *hobby* turns into anything substantial, we have a little ties into some nice equipment.

So we'll see how Mr. Beer turns out, not expecting much but it was a great way to start into the world of beer brewing. We're thinking about taking a big dive into this, going straight to SS conicals and some decent equipment. I personally would like to take it slow and steady:tank: but others don't.

Anyways, I really appreciate this community, it seems you guys have a nice little thing going on here. I hope to be a part of this and educate myself with all the information you experts can give. Pardon me if my questions might sound silly!

Glad to be here, hope to be around a lot.

Cheers,
ManCaveBrew

Welcome to the hobby ManCaveBrew!

Be sure to check out the CARBOY club in Raleigh. We meet 4th wednesday of the month and it's a great place to meet brewers and taste some killer beer.

Welcome to CARBOY!

Cheers!
Eric

Welcome to the hobby ManCaveBrew!

Be sure to check out the CARBOY club in Raleigh. We meet 4th wednesday of the month and it's a great place to meet brewers and taste some killer beer.

Welcome to CARBOY!

Cheers!
Eric

Wow nice! I'll definitely check that out once we get things going on our end. Thanks for the welcome:mug:

Welcome to HomeBrewTalk! There are a lot of Triangle brewers on here. Do a search on GRABASS -- definitely a casual brewing group but we do get together from time to time to brew or do a brewery tour.

Chad

Welcome to HomeBrewTalk! There are a lot of Triangle brewers on here. Do a search on GRABASS -- definitely a casual brewing group but we do get together from time to time to brew or do a brewery tour.

Chad

Another group? Wow can't believe it. Also I've been to Carolina Brewing Company in Holly Springs, that place is pretty cool. Wouldn't it be nice to have that as your place of business?

Back