Hello from N. Idaho

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbill756

Reaction score
I'm a "born again" homebrewer. I had some experience with the craft back in 89-90, and lost touch. A long time friend reintroduced me last summer and I haven't looked back! I don't know what ever posessed me to leave it in the first place.

I hope to find lots of useful info from you folks and I look forward to talking with you all!

My first question for you out there is:
What experience have any of you had with medium medium density polyethylene conical tanks, or "hoppers" in regard to setting them up as a fermenter?

I am looking to get a conical, but there's no way I can afford a SS one. I found an outfit called United States Plastic Corp. that offers mix and fill tanks at reasonable prices. Now I just need to know if these will work as fermenters. You can see the product I'm looking at, the 15 gallon capacity #8551 at thetop of the list. It sells for $68.97 and the stand, which sells separately goes for $67.01 for a total of $135.98 + shipping. Then all I'd have to do is come up with the valves and dumps etc.. It is FDA approved...

Any feedback on something like this?
thanks in advance....

Latest posts

Back