Hello from my cubicle in Sacramento, CA!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AQUILAS

Reaction score
What's up HBT!

The day is slowing down for me at work and I figured I'd finally make the jump and join the forum. I regularly frequent the /r/homebrewing sub on Reddit and it's been a great community ever since I picked up homebrewing. Now, I'm looking to frequent HBT on the regular and learn as much as I can from his community, as well.

I always had an interest in homebrewing, but never really thought to start...until my girlfriend's coworker gave me 2 bombers of his pumpkin ale last November/December. It was then that my interest for homebrewing piqued and it's been a fun (and expensive!) ride ever since.

I'm fairly a rookie homebrewer still. I only have 2 completed brews under - an Irish stout and an English brown ale. I've gotten great remarks from my Irish stout, such as my coworker telling me that he still thinks of how good it was weeks after he drank what I gave him. When I gave him more bottles, the look of excitement on his face was geniune and that made me feel good about my beer. It's surprising to me as that Irish stout was my first brew. I've got a 3rd beer on the way which is a clone recipe of Firestone Walker's 805. I'm excited about this one as 805 is one of my favorite beers right now and this'll be the first brew where I get to use a yeast starter and my temp controlled ferm chamber (mini fridge converted).

All these are extract brews, but I'm currently planning on going all-grain in the way of BIAB using a rectangular cooler as a mash tun. Pretty excited about it and definitely looking forward to my first AG brew.

Anyways, I'm stoked to join the HBT community and I can't wait to learn from you guys and hopefully become a contributing member!

Cheers! :mug::mug:

Welcome aboard. AG is a lot of fun, and frustration at times. You'll enjoy it.

Thanks! That's what I've heard about AG, but it seems to be the way to go in terms of brewing, so I can't wait to head there.

Welcome to the hobby, and the group, from CO :mug:

Sounds like you've got the brewing bug already, it just grows from there!

Hah that's what I'm afraid of! I don't know if I'll be able to control wanting all the cool homebrew things! A neighbor of mine has put out an old fridge that appears to still be working for anyone to take and I've been thinking of swooping it up to make a kegerator....only problem is I don't have the space for another fridge in the house. lol

Thanks! That's what I've heard about AG, but it seems to be the way to go in terms of brewing, so I can't wait to head there.

Hah that's what I'm afraid of! I don't know if I'll be able to control wanting all the cool homebrew things! A neighbor of mine has put out an old fridge that appears to still be working for anyone to take and I've been thinking of swooping it up to make a kegerator....only problem is I don't have the space for another fridge in the house. lol

Pick up the fridge, throw all the GF's stuff out on the lawn, profit.

Welcome from SD.

I'd take a free fridge any day. The trick is being able to justify its footprint as having the potential for endless strawberry lager (or whatever the lady likes).

How bout those Warriors!

Hi from Sonoma, land of rich people and farm workers.

It's all about how you approach a subject like that. Pick it up and if she asks why then you say I'd like to make a beer just for you and I'll need a way to control the temperature so you'll like it.

Tell her "I was just thinking of you". You can thank me later.

Welcome from a fellow NorCal brewer in Sonora.

I told my wife my kegerator would stay in the garage but it migrated into the house when she was out one day, said I'd move it back after a trial run. She wasn't happy then and she isn't happy now but the trial continues!

I'd take a free fridge any day. The trick is being able to justify its footprint as having the potential for endless strawberry lager (or whatever the lady likes).

Now that's a plan! The hard part is my girlfriend is just starting to appreciate beer because of my love for it. So she's still in the "eww..it's too bitter...I can't taste anything.." phase. In due time though...in due time...

How bout those Warriors!

Hi from Sonoma, land of rich people and farm workers.

How about those Warriors =]. I'm happy for them, but I'm a Kings fan through and through. It'll be our turn soon.............hopefully.

It's all about how you approach a subject like that. Pick it up and if she asks why then you say I'd like to make a beer just for you and I'll need a way to control the temperature so you'll like it.

Tell her "I was just thinking of you". You can thank me later.

That "I was thinking of you" quote always works. You might be onto something here....

Welcome from a fellow NorCal brewer in Sonora.

I told my wife my kegerator would stay in the garage but it migrated into the house when she was out one day, said I'd move it back after a trial run. She wasn't happy then and she isn't happy now but the trial continues!

Haha! Best of luck to you in the trial run!

Back