Hello from MN

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wild1z

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I forgot to introduce myself as of yet. I'm still trying to learn my around these parts and I apologize in advance if I've posted in some wrong threads.
sofa-smiley-face.gif

My name is Rob, I live in MN. I grew up in Slidell, Louisiana. I'm in my late 40's, married, 2 kids. I have several hobbies and addictions, brewing beer being one of them. I have been an Administrator (since 2007) of another unrelated vbulletin forum so I can appreciate what the staff does to keep this place running! Thanks for donating your time, I support thee. ;)

I started brewing in 2012 with the extract kits and a year ago I moved to all grain and liberated myself from bottling at about the same time. I'm a tinkerer and thinker. I have learned this hobby is like playing golf. You can have a great round and you can have a really ****ty one. Same with brewing, it can be very humbling to say the least. Just when you think you got it figured out.. boom!

Typical brew night last night.

IMG_20151112_191330_zpsvjepa8om.jpg

Anyway, I look forward to contributing where I can and learning where I should. If the learning sticks, it's a good day! ;)

Cheers!

Rob

Great to see some locals here. Apple Valley here. It'd be nice to have y'all over for a brew session so you watch my bride yell at me for spilling water, using good towels or just being a general pain in the ass. I am good for fodder. :)

You can be my buffer.

I escaped Sleepy Eye many years ago. It was canning season at Del Monte and people were distracted so I made a break for it. Now that I find myself in the people's republic of Maryland I question that decision.

Eye-boogers. Nice. I'll put that on the list of eye-rolling humor (see what I did there... Ooh the hits keep on coming!) I've heard in regards to my hometown.

Welcome new guy. I'm pretty sure that Minnesota-Nice doesn't apply here and that is a good thing. Enjoy the state. I get back there at every opportunity.

Great to see some locals here. Apple Valley here. It'd be nice to have y'all over for a brew session so you watch my bride yell at me for spilling water, using good towels or just being a general pain in the ass. I am good for fodder. :)

You can be my buffer.

Ha! I'm in for the comedy of that.

Hello from Hastings

:off:
Chasing bee spit and Brewing Mead!
- Show Mead OB & Wildflower - Aged 16 Months (Very Good!)
- Bakers Honey and Orange Melomel - Aged 9 Months (Getting There.)
- Wildflower Hibiscus Tea Metheglin - Bulk Aging 4 Months (Too Hot!)
- Wildflower Hibiscus Tea Metheglin 2.0 - Primary - Still working.
- On Deck - #1 Wildflower Show Mead - BOMM, #2 Wildflower Blackberry Melomel BOMM

GetAttachment.jpg

any of y'all come through Windom, let me know ahead of time and we'll exchange some brews! or just have one or two.

When we go to visit family in Sioux Falls SD, we head down Hwy 60 through Windom to hook up with I-90 @ Worthington. If I ever have some free time on the way we should exchange a few :)

Back