Hello From Midland MI

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jays1brew

Reaction score
Heya Folks,

I have been lurking on these forums for a few weeks but did not really want to post anything until I had a batch of beer in the works. I have Autumn Amber Ale (Came with

Midwest Supplies everything starter kit) in my secondary. I thought I had ordered the Irish Red Ale started kit but it was not a big deal. I had planned on leaving it in the primary for two

weeks then bottle it but I could not wait to start another batch. I have Honey Weizen(Northern Brewer) in my primary right now and it is bubbling away. I am not sure how long I plan on

doing extract kits. My goal is to move to whole grains when I get enough equipment(I have to buy the equipment a bit at a time so the wife does not freak out). I am hooked already. I

wonder what it will be like after I drink my first Home Brew???

Welcome aboard Jay. I'm sure your first beer will be awesome. If you do run into problems, don't get discouraged. Also, don't ever be afraid to ask questions here... some will give you the SA reply of "That's been asked lots of times. Do a search." Granted, we encourage you to do a search first, but don't be afraid to ask a question if you can't find your answer after a search.

Thanks for the warm welcome! I will be bottling my first beer on Father's Day. I could not think of a better gift.

Greetings from I-696 and Woodward!

It is quite the addictive hobby, and can get expensive quick. Don't feel pressured to jump to All Grain right away, as I have made many great beers with extracts. Extract kits give you a great feel for the process, and allow you to resolve problems (when they occur) more easilly. Although a lot of people on here brew all grain, extract brewers make up the bulk of all homebrewers.

Back