Hello from Middle Tennessee

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fijidave12

Reaction score
Hey Everyone!
I am from Cookeville, TN, and have been brewing for a year and a half or so. I came across HBT after I had finished a couple batches (my second batch were IPA bottle bombs....bottles blowing up explosively at 4am was certainly an experience I didn't wish to repeat). I started with a number of extract kits, moved through a couple partials, and finally have come to all-grain (I just did my first decoction with an Oberon clone last week). Honestly, brewing is all I think about.

I have a great friend, living in Dallas, Texas, who introduced me to the finer aspects of beer a couple years ago. I have been a foodie since I was really young (have been in the coffeeshop/restaurant business my whole life and have considered culinary school a couple times), so naturally, coming from an Italian family, wine was always on the table, and I didn't really have much knowledge of beer except for Coors Light and Newcastle. ...and thus my journey began.

Yes, I have been lurking from the beginning...truthfully, I never felt I had anything worthwhile to add. I just kept reading and studying, not really thinking that a simple "Thanks" was still a worthy post. There are a large number of you that have helped fuel this passion for me without even knowing it. So, I just want to give a big Thank You to everyone on this board. I would eventually like to take this hobby to that next step, and one day open a microbrewery with a restaurant. This is my ultimate goal.

Take care guys! :mug:
Dave

Welcome aboard fellow Tennessee brewer! My wife thinks I need an intervention on how much time I spend on my brewing stuff!

Welcome aboard fellow Tennessee brewer! My wife thinks I need an intervention on how much time I spend on my brewing stuff!

Haha! So far my girlfriend is very supportive...has even brewed with me a couple times. But sometimes when she asks what I've done during the day....I've learned that "reading about beer" is not always the acceptable answer :D

I am from murfreesboro . I love homebrewing. Although new to it, it is really fulfilling. I am looking foreward to some new recipes, and great brews!

Back