Hello from Miami, a land devoid of top quality beer.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curt656

Reaction score
Hello everyone! My name is Curt and I was born and raised in Miami. I love beer and have really grown my taste for variety by travelling to Europe a couple of times recently. I love European lagers and Belgian Ales and look to give some of them a shot as I grow into this hobby. I am very excited to start homebrewing. I am studying the process and as soon as I can afford to get the gear, I will dive in! In the meantime, I want to thank all of your for your tutelage and I can't wait to start!

If there is anyone else here in South Florida who might want to meet up for some cold ones and exchange ideas, I am open to it. We might even be able to colaborate...

Welcome Curt.

Personally I have never made a lager, but if you're starting and want to consolidate then get a decent sized Freezer if you have the room. A freezer can be converted to "refrigeration" temps with a Ranco controller and givers you the option of using the space inside to lager and keg your beers. Basically you have a large kegerator that allows you to lager. My next house will (hopefully) have a basement where I can put a large freezer in order to do both.

Welcome, take a look here for ideas: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/show-us-your-kegerator-29053/

Thank you guys! Well, I just found out that I didn't win the Austin Home Brew raffle and now I don't have a 42 gallon fermenter to sell to finance my set up. Oh well, a minor setback. I will be brewing one day, I promise!!!

...a land devoid of top quality beer.
While this is true, there is a little refuge called titanic brewery that I enjoy to hit up that can give you at least some comfort in knowing that there are people in miami that care about real beer. ;)
And welcome to HBT. :mug:

While this is true, there is a little refuge called titanic brewery that I enjoy to hit up that can give you at least some comfort in knowing that there are people in miami that care about real beer. ;)
And welcome to HBT. :mug:

I haven't been to titanic in years. The first time I went there I had a bad experience and haven't really given it a second chance. I do believe it is time to try it again. Maybe I'll see ya up there some time.

Back