Hello from MI

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A7teck

Reaction score
Hey all, I joined this forum some time ago when I first became interested in homebrewing. Unfortunately my interest has only recently been rekindled but after lurking on the noob threads here, reading Palmer's book (multiple times now) and spending hours more watching videos I am finally ready to start brewing!

A little about myself- I live in a small town in Michigan (about 30 minutes East of Flint, about 40-50 West of Port Huron) and there aren't a lot of homebrew resources in my area. This site and the internet in general have been awesome though and I've learned a ton. I started as a BMC drinker (being in college and being broke) but over the year I have developed an appreciation for good, flavorful beer and so I decided to give homebrewing another look. My dad loves beer and recently retired so I thought this could also be a good bonding experience for us (I work two jobs and go to school full time so I don't get to see my family a lot).

Anyway, my first brew date is looking like the second monday in November. Meanwhile I'll be here learning more and more. Thanks for such an awesome and clean forum!

Rob

Coming from PH, hop on 69 West until you get to the Lapeer exit (Lapeer/Pontiac) which will dump you onto M-24. I'm north on 24 about 15 minutes from that exit. I actually go to Port Huron quite frequently- some of my favorite restaurants are up there.

Welcome from a former Traverse City person now on the other side of the Lake.

My roommate is from Port Huron, the one that got me brewing!

Hey from Houghton / Grand Rapids!

Back