Hello from Manor, TX

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kanta

Reaction score
안뇽하세요 (Korean for hello). New brewer here, very grateful to have found this community. Brand new to brewing, but I do love the taste of most beers. I have been "into" craft beers for around 7 years or so and was always intimidated by the idea of making it myself. More recently, I discovered that many people brew and that it doesn't have to be difficult or complex. I got the idea into my head, and my wife agreed that it sounds like a hobby I would enjoy. She did talk me out of building an AG setup right off the bat, but I guess I can wait on that. Manor is a tiny town bordering Austin, so AHS is my LHBS (seriously I don't think there are any other stores in this citu). I got the deluxe starter kit, some whirlfloc and a couple of recipes, an analog JC controller, and a medium sized chest freezer. I plan to start an AHS Texas Blonde (extract) and the guy that suggested it also suggested I add 1oz lemongrass 5 min before flameout. If all goes well, I hope to start a lager after I bottle the blonde and who knows where I will go from there. I kind of have to laugh at myself for being 30 and getting excited over this, but I can't help myself. Glad to have found you guys.

Hey neighbor! (in my best Frank Booth tone...) North Austin over here. You know what the WORST thing is for me about this hobby? Living about 10 blocks from AHBS. I'm gonna go broke!

Welcome to the club! I miss having AHS so close! (I'm actually in Fort Worth now, but my sig still says Austin for some reason)

Latest posts

Back