Hello From Klamath falls, Oregon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vrodbrad

Reaction score
Good day all, glad I found this place. I just started so learning alot of stuff. My first experiment actually came out good. The wife was canning pears from our pear tree. When she got done canning there was just over a gallon left of the pear liquid left and I thought to myself hmmm I wonder. I let it cool down to add the yeast and then put it into two growler bottles I had. I let it ferment for three weeks, strained and put in other bottles. It came out better than I thought it would. It had the pear sweetness to it, but it had a strong alcohol smell to it also. (it was potent) know idea what the alcohol level was. But like I said was actually good. Have alot to learn I know that this is the place. Thanks for all the future help I will get.
Brad

That's a cool experiment! Sounds like it was pretty high alcohol to me, but to each his own. It's not really beer but really a pear wine (Perry anyone?).

Back