Hello from Iraq

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitrousjunkie

Reaction score
Well i will soon be new to homebrew :ban: i was doing some reasearch when i found this forum and well, kinda got hooked. my first batch will be sometime in jan once i return. Im looking forward to gathering all kinds of info from everyone here.....

Welcome to the forum, lots of friendly advice to be found here.

Where exactly are you returning to? It's always beneficial to post your location because you could be near a fellow brewer.:mug:

Cheers.

support.troops.osc.jpg

Thank You.

Yeah man thanks for having more balls than i do. You should find a good bit of information here and i don't know if you can utilize this but you may also be interested in the many brewing podcasts that can be found online. Being a beginner myself i primarily listen to basicbrewing.coms podcast which is pretty decent so far.:mug:

Welcome aboard. This is a great place to find all kinds of info on brewing!

There are several on here, including myself, who are/were military. Get home safe!

Where are you based if you dont mind me asking. I have a couple friends over there as well.

Good Job and thank you Nitrous. I was over there the first go round. Six months with no Beer at all! That sucked. Have a safe trip home. And keep thinking about that first batch .

Welcome to HBT. There's a lot of information here that will keep you busy researching while brewing yeast is out of pocket. I'm reseaching going all-grain and I've decided and changed my mind quite a few times based off of research/links I've pulled from HBT.

What branch are you in? What camp are you on over there? I spent 22 months between OIF and OEF. Stay safe and dont drink too much the first night you're home. ;)

Well i call Corpus Christi, TX home. But i am currently stationed at pope afb nc. as you can see, im airforce. ive been here in iraq for about 5 1/2 months now. get to head back in about 2 weeks or so, cant wait. only bad thing, when i ordered my equipment, i had it shipped to TX. so im gana have to make a trip back home :ban:

Welcome. I too am somewhat new to brewing and have found this site to be very informative.
Have you given any thought to what type of beer you will brew first?

Welcome to the forums. Glad to have you here. Please be safe. return home and we love all our Vet's. Thank you.

John

Welcome to the board! It will be even better to welcome you home in a few weeks!

I can't think of a better way to spend a few dollars of deployment "savings" than on some brand new homebrew swag.

Tell the Hawg drivers that Yuri says "Hi."

nitrousjunkie said:
well as for my first brew...its gana be the vanilly weisen kit from homebrewheaven.com.

O'Flannagain, you in the af as well? what do you do? i work at the port

Nah, my wife is ARMY. They have a dental lab training here for all the services. I'm a contractor, internet development.

Heard of Al Asad? I was there a week and a half ago along with Fallujah and Taqaddum. =) I travel quite a bit with my job. I train satellite communication systems to mainly Marines. I spent some time there in '05 as well as a Marine. Not a bad place to get stuck if you have to be over there. I ate better at that DFAC that's the size of a football field than I eat in the states ;)

well if you spent any time around the af cargo office, there is a chance we could have crossed paths....small world.....i know what you mean about DFAC III. food here aint that bad, but it has gotten old.

Back