Hello from Indianapolis

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aftrhrs

Reaction score
Hello all,

Just joined your forum. Really looking forward to learning from everyone here.
I am located 30 minutes east of Indianapolis and am looking for some advice/guidance on getting started. I have spent the week-end researching and would like to start with a small system then scale up to a 10 gallon system once I have a recipe or two down.

Would like to know of any upcoming gathering/events in the area.

I love to BBQ and enjoy a good beer.

-Eugene

Welcome from Sunny Florida! This forum has a wealth of knowledge. Hope you have a great Happy Brew Year!

Hi Eugene, welcome! I live on the east side of Indy near Washington & Post, where are you located? I just started brewing this summer myself, but am getting fully invested this winter, having received a couple of carboys and a kegging kit for Christmas, now I am shopping for a freezer to build into a keezer. I'm also into BBQ, I help out my buddies' team (Bourbon Barrel BBQ) at several KCBS competitions each year, as well as smoking as often as I can here at home.

Rich

I am located near Arlington (15 minutes from South East of Greefield). I live in the country. I picked up BBQ a few years ago and am hooked. Debated on doing a competition or two next year. I have (2) Off-set wood smokers, (Yoders).

I am planning to get after brewing this year and could use all the advice I can get. Any thing you would do different now that you started?

Welcome to the additction, I mean hobby. You could go to Great Fermentations for their homebrew meetings. I forget what day they meet, but I'm sure there will be some good brew there and some folks to discuss brewing with. You'll probably have to go there to get ingredients anyway. I live in Kokomo so I only make one trip a year when the fall grain sale is on.

Back