hello from illinois

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigoly1

Reaction score
Hi all. Only been brewing since christmas but all ready got my 7th batch in the secondary. This is the best hobby ever!!!

Welcome! Busy since the first of the year! :rockin: Like rd said, where at in Il, we've got a fair amount of folk north (of me anyway. ;) ) What have you brewed in those 7?

Ize

well ive done a regular wheat, rasberry wheat, blueberry wheat, kolsch,an octoberfest kit from brewwers best, a red hook ESB clone from midwest and i have american light in secondary right now. just orderd a newcastle clone from midwest about an hour ago.

bigoly1 said:
moline, on the mighty miss next to iowa.

Awesome, Quad Cities area. Ask Bill (Homebrewer_99) if he'll show you how to make a Hefe. (he's in your area) He'll ask you which one of the million he's made you'd like to know about. ;)

Seriously, welcome to the boards and the hobby/obsession/way of life! It's a great group around here. Pull up a stool and stay a while. :mug:

Ize

Welcome to the wonderful world of fermentation Moliner! At least you're a Cancer. Me too.

Thanks for the intro Ize. :D

I work at the arsenal and live in Atkinson. If you ever want to get together to brew let me know.

bigoly1 said:
moline, on the mighty miss next to iowa.

Really? I'm living in Champaign right now, but originally from Port Byron, just about 10mins north of Moline. I'll be up there this weekend to!

Hey All, in from New York visiting my folks in Geneseo. No homebrew this year with the new travel restrictions.

Happy Easter to all those celebrating. Any recommendations on local beers. I've been away for awhile. Dad talks about Granite City, so i think we'll try that.

ah, Illinibrew, you had my thinking someone else from chambana was on here.

I graduated from U of I in 03. Worked at Murphy's through college. Miss those days! A buddy of mine is still living in Champaign with his wife so we get back about once a year.

He's recently into homebrewing. Mentioned there is a homebrew club that meets in town. Are you familiar with that club?

Rhoobarb, papa dels rocks. It's just down the street and if it wasn't so damn expensive I'd eat it all the time.

Illinibrew, no I'm not familiar with the homebrew club in town, didn't even know there was one. And Murphy's is us pilot's Thursday night place.

Back