Hello from Illinois

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

porterluvr

Reaction score
Just wanted to stop in and say HI ALL! I'm from central Illinois, been extract brewing for about a year and I am working to make the switch to all grain and kegging this summer, in fact I just ordered my keg set up today! I've come across this forum numerous times while searching homebrew info online and figured it was time I joined. Looking forward to learning all I can from you guys and brewing lots of tasty beer!!! :mug:

Hello to you! I'm also from central Illinois, Decatur actually. Where at in Central Illinois are you?

It's a small world, I'm originally from Petersburg. Never thought I'd see anyone else from the 'burg on HBT.

It's a small world, I'm originally from Petersburg. Never thought I'd see anyone else from the 'burg on HBT.

I'm originally from Springfield, seems we have traded places! Are you a member of Prairie Schooners, the Spfld homebrew club? Ive been meaning to make a couple of their meetings and possibly join, but life just some how seems to get in the way

porterluvr said:
I'm originally from Springfield, seems we have traded places! Are you a member of Prairie Schooners, the Spfld homebrew club? Ive been meaning to make a couple of their meetings and possibly join, but life just some how seems to get in the way

Hope you can come this Wednesday. I'll be giving a presentation on French and Belgian Ales.

No unfortunately not yet, I didn't even know about them until I ran into someone I know from the hospital at Friar Tuck's a few months ago who is a member. I think he was getting ready for a presentation on bourbon barrel aging. Wish I had caught that one. Anyway from talking with him it sounds like they do some neat things and would be worth checking out.

Hope you can come this Wednesday. I'll be giving a presentation on French and Belgian Ales.

Do you meet every Wednesday? What time?

Our club meetings are the 2nd Wednesday of the month, at 7:00 pm at The Doghouse. We also have a monthly happy hour on the 4th Wednesday of the month; also at 7:00, but that event rotates location.

On the agenda for the July meeting is Pilsners (BJCP category) and tips for moving from extract to all-grain.

Thanks for the reminder, I'll try to make it. Is the Doghouse is behind County Market? Definetly try to make July also as I'm wanting to switch to all grain. I've got two 15.5 sanke's I've cut the tops out of to start making keggles, hoping to find another soon. My name is Mike, if I make it I'll make sure to introduce myself.

Anyone else excited about Rolling Meadows Brewery in Cantrall about 12 mi North of Springfield? From what I have read they have plenty of beer ready to deliver, but are just finalizing they're distribution. What a delight to finally have a brewery so close.:mug:

http://rmbrewery.com/index.html

Definitely!! Now that SB754 has passed they should have some of their beer available soon. I sampled one of their brews at the last Springfield Beer fest, it was quite tasty!

Latest posts

Back