Hello from Grand Rapids, MI

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7HockeyDad

Reaction score
New to the forum here (after a bit of lurking on occasion) and have been brewing almost a couple years now. Only took a couple of extract batches before diving right into all-grain. I get my grain at Sicilianos in Grand Rapids and love the huge selection of craft / import brews there. I've got the bug and am just wrapping up a fermentation control cabinet. I can also see a larger MLT in the future for some big honkin brews.

Cheers,

Ben

Greets! Sounds like you got hooked big time! I'm also trying to build a ferm chamber. Family life has been in the way, but now that summer is here, I hope to have it done in 2 weeks, along with a prototype hops sack design.

Love Siciliano's! I wonder if I've seen you at the party.

Haven't been to one of Siciliano's parties yet. SWMBO only gives so many passes / year and that hasn't been one of them. Seriously though, those type of things usually become a challenge in finding someone to drive me there... because I know I absolutely couldn't drive home.

Also signing in from just south of GR in Portage. sipping my first brew atm, which is a coopers lager, while it ain't great it is defenatly not viniger so atleast I can get a buzz off of it :) (i've found even ****ty beer mixed with a splash of sunkist diet lemonade soda makes a great summer drink). in retro spec I have no idea why coopers (the starter kit I got) sends a lager as the kit to get you going since from what I read they are very temp picky which is what got me since I don't keep my house particularly cool.

got a cider in the fermenter and the ingredients for an extract wheat beer on deck. so hopefully all goes well.

Welcome, I've been to Sicilianos a few times when I was working in G.R. They really need some kind of motorized grain mill. I asked them about it and they thought I was crazy.

Welcome!!!!! And Siciliano's is a fine LHBS!!!!

Just to mention it there is a New LHBS in Holland that just opened up a few months ago. Brewers Edge on Riely St.

And Welcome!

Point Break is announcing their special offers during all of the games of World Cup Soccer to all the soccer fans of NY.

* Open for all the game
* First Match on June 11th starts at 10 AM & all others at 7.30 AM
* Serve breakfast for the early games.

Special Offers:-

$4 Bud Light/ Coors light.
$4 margaritas and well drinks.
$3 Natty light and keystone light cans.
$8 24 oz Coors banquet.
$10 domestic mini boot &
$22 96oz Boots.

Also showing:
All the 2010 World Cup Soccer Games Live at Point Break Restaurant

Lets cheer your team to create a new history!!!!

Point Break NYC
12 West 45th St
New York, NY, 10036.
T. 914-645-8820
http://www.pointbreaknyc.com/

Point Break is announcing their special offers during all of the games of World Cup Soccer to all the soccer fans of NY.

* Open for all the game
* First Match on June 11th starts at 10 AM & all others at 7.30 AM
* Serve breakfast for the early games.

Special Offers:-

$4 Bud Light/ Coors light.
$4 margaritas and well drinks.
$3 Natty light and keystone light cans.
$8 24 oz Coors banquet.
$10 domestic mini boot &
$22 96oz Boots.

Also showing:
All the 2010 World Cup Soccer Games Live at Point Break Restaurant

Lets cheer your team to create a new history!!!!

Point Break NYC
12 West 45th St
New York, NY, 10036.
T. 914-645-8820
http://www.pointbreaknyc.com/

haha what is this. and why do I suddenly feel glad I don't live in newyork looking at the "specials"

Welcome, I've been to Sicilianos a few times when I was working in G.R. They really need some kind of motorized grain mill. I asked them about it and they thought I was crazy.

They have a motorized roller mill now. I can mill 10lbs. of grain in a couple minutes. It takes longer to locate and weigh grain than it does to mill it now.

Hello from Battle Creek, by way of Vermont. If I remember correctly, I got my first brewing bucket at Siciliano's way back when I started brewing in the late '80s.

Haven't been to one of Siciliano's parties yet. SWMBO only gives so many passes / year and that hasn't been one of them. Seriously though, those type of things usually become a challenge in finding someone to drive me there... because I know I absolutely couldn't drive home.

You should plan to fit it in some time. It's a nice party with brewers who want to share their beer and talk about brewing and drink a lot of beer.

I understand your concerns about driving. I actually had to limit myself this year due to not having a DD available. I somehow managed to remain feeling pretty decent the next day. I know others who were not so lucky!

I also have to limit the number of events, but so far this year has been pretty good. My wife enjoys visiting brewpubs (for the food) and she has even suggested we go to Founders Fest this year! Say WHAT!??

Back