Hello from GA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deucebelow

Reaction score
Well I am new to both GA and to the brew scene. The wife got me a little starter kit for Xmas and I have since gone crazy, with 4 brews carving in the basement and 2 more on order. Cheers!

Welcome. Where are you located in GA? I'm in Americus (about 2 hours south of Atlanta)

Haha, I am in the Columbus area. I am pretty new to the brew scene ...wife got me a Mr.beer kit for Xmas but am enjoying the process and looking at doing a bit more/getting a bigger system.

Nice. I go to Columbus every few months to the shooting range, and to eat at the Canon.

I'm working with a Mr Beer kit too... and a small 2-gallon bucket fermenter. Just ordered 5-gallon starter kit from Midwest though. I hope to do my first batch on that later this month.

Awesome! Yeah I have the original that I got for Christmas and I picked up a second keg from the website for 10 bucks. I have made 4 batches thus far that I have made with the kit, 3 of which are carbing up in the basement. I am looking at making a couple more batches with the Mr. B kit but am really leaning hard on a bigger kit. I saw that kit u bought...do you like it? I saw it was really reasonably priced.

Just ordered the kit this weekend. Havent received it yet. But after doing 2 batches with Mr Beer I can already tell Im going to love it. A little bit more work... but more than double the yield. Bring it on!

There's a brewing "club" here in Americus, and a small brew shop. Good guys to learn from. I've only been to one of their brew days so far, but I got to watch three different recipes come together at the same time. With their help plus what I'm reading here, I hope to hit the ground running once my stuff gets here.

There is a little small place here in Columbus also for supplies. You definitely need to keep me posted on how that kit works out for you...I saw it was a really good deal.
I was looking for a local brew club here but was not able to find anything. How far is americus from Columbus? My GPS says its like 50 miles but like an hour and a half drive...lmao!

Welcome! Getting the wife to support expansion is the first step........so you are well on your way.- Jeff

Depends on where you live in Columbus... but I could probably get from here to the base in an hour. The club is pretty welcoming. I'll drop you a line next time they're having a brew day if you're interested.

Back