Hello from DFW

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boudy

Reaction score
Hello Fellow Beer Lovers: Just stopped in to introduce myself. My name's Robert and I'm in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Most buddies call me Boudy as my last name of Boudreaux causes grief for some.(as in Boody):D

I tried my hand and several batches of home brew a few years ago and vowed never to try again. Washing bottles in a bleach filled bathtub wasn't my idea of fun... I never let go of the idea, just the work involved to get 2 cases of beer.

Well after lurking for a couple years I'm jumping in! In the next 12 months I'm building my Man Cave. It'll be a detached multifunction shop that will house a workshop for my race car, reloading room for ammo, and a brew kitchen with a bar on one wall that opens up to our pool.

There's just something that prevents me from sleeping at night when I could build something myself so I'll be posting some questions soon and I look forward to you guys helping me finalize the design of my dream brewery.:rockin:

Looking to build a heavily automated single tier system.

Boudy

We would love to talk you into kegging if you ever want to give us a shout. Welcome.

Thanks for the welcome guys.

I will certainly be kegging most of my future endeavors. Bottling is what drove me from the craft years back so I suspect the only bottling I will ever doing is for sharing purposes only.

I'll surely touch base with you when I pull the trigger on ordering sculpture parts.

Boudy

welcome, from another dfw area brewer. there are many of us in the area, including several brew clubs (cap and hare is the best :D ). if you need local help, or to watch people all-grain brew and see how it's done, that could be arranged.

I've been looking into the local clubs. A couple haven't updated their websites or newsletters in a while so I was wondering which ones were still active or if there had been any merges.

I accidentally stumbled on a brew day last summer and have been fired up since. If there's any brew days scheduled in the area please let me know, would love to attend, learn, and meet some of the local guys.

ReverseApacheMaster, I'm on Pearson so we consider it Keller more than Southlake anyway. The East side of 1709 can be a little snooty for our tastes.:D Let's hit Manny G's for a beer one night, he's got some decent stuff on tap.

Boudy

Back