Hello from Colorado Springs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psbrewing

Reaction score
I guess that since I have been active on the DIY portion of this site that it was about time that I introduced myself.

I started brewing about two years ago and have since done about 12 martial-mash/extract kits. I have already started to keg all of my beer and have thus learned that bottles are great, but a tap of you own beer in your house is better.

Recently I have taken a hiatus from brewing due to my job for Uncle Sam and will soon start again once my family and I are settled in the Colorado Springs area and I start my job on Fort Carson. I am also looking for an active brewing club in the area so please let me know of any!

I am excited also to start the construction of my own Brutus 20 electric RIMS/Propane able brewing system. I will post pics! I am hope that through this system I can hone my brewing style and tastes. I would eventually like to open my own brewery/brewpub in CO or the four corners area. I would love to eventually be my own boss. However a few more trips across the pond may happen well before then, and I will eventually take whatever job supports the family. I am just hoping that it has something to do with brewing!

I look forward to learning from all of you!

Kyle

Welcome, Kyle! I live in the Springs, too. I am also looking at building the Brutus system soon. Do you go to Rocky Mountain Brewery or Old West Homebrew?

Welcome! You're a bit south of me, so I don't know any facts about these clubs, but they're all AHA registered.

Colorado Springs, CO
Pikes Peak Zymurgist
Phone: 719-475-2796 Email: [email protected]
www.brewhausnews.com

Colorado Springs, CO
Brew Brothers Brewing Club
Phone: 719-282-1723 Email: [email protected]
brewbrosco.spaces.live.com/

Colorado Springs, CO
Deep Wort Brew Club
Phone: 719-528-1651 Email: [email protected]

Welcome to the board.

My girlfriend and I sort of have this dream of moving to Colorado Springs a some point in the future. Its supposed to be a really nice place. Not that Ann Arbor is bad, but the rest of Michigan often leaves something to be desired.

Back