Hello from Cicero IL, USA!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mope

Reaction score
Good Morning,

My name is Matt and I am a novice brewer from the suburbs of Chicago, IL. I was introduced to the hobby via CraigTube and after 2 successful and rather powerful batches, I am now working on a mead and a stronger cider. I have had about 2 years of food science experience as well as maybe a year of chemistry. My areas of interest are in emulsions, hardiness of yeast, and everything lactobacilli. The question I am asking now is "Can you make a hard cider exceeding 20% ABV? What kind of nutrients are needed? At what point does the yeast die, and what kind of yeast will survive this highly alcoholic/acidic environment?

Other than that, I am a hardcore drinker with many hobbies, especially motorized cycles of all kinds and ham/CB radio. who feels that if I can make my own brew, savor it and its effects while learning something, then I have come out way ahead of the game. It is a pleasure meeting all of you.

Welcome to HBT. From Joliet, IL, USA. Home of that certain team that God made superior to all other teams by allowing the one, the ONLY, Iron Mike Ditka to coach. A certain team that goes by the moniker...

DA BEARS!

Back