Hello from Central Ohio!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Culinarytracker

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I am a "kinda" new brewer with a half a dozen batches or so under my belt.
I got into brewing after college. I graduated from The Culinary Institute of America, which gave be a huge head start as far as familiarity with sanitation, processes, and so forth. There were a lot of chef instructors and other students that brewed at school, so I felt it was a natural step for me to make some beer.
After those couple batches (10+ years ago) I set it aside and only recently started up again.

Well, this time I'm hooked. I've done 4 batches in the last month, and have diverted ALL expendable income into the brewing hobby.

Nut Brown Ale, from extract kit (gone already)
Scottish Ale, extract (drinking as I type)
English Ultra-Mild, biab all grain (In Primary. OG 1.026)
Blond Ale, (in the other primary)

I now have a full kegging setup with keezer. More kegs on the way (2, 2.5 gal cornies arriving tomorrow). And am looking to upgrade my kettle to a Spike brew kettle. Probably 15 gal with valve, thermometer and sight glass.

Anyway, I could ramble on forever, but I just wanted to say howdy to everyone on the forums. I have found a tremendous amount of helpful advice and experiences on these forums over the past month.
So thank you all, and hello from central Ohio!

There are some chefs & a lot of foodies on here. So you're in good company! My daughter graduated from Cali culinary in Pasadena years ago now. I use what I learned from biab to do pb/pm biab, even using the same basic process for extract with steeping grains (E/SG) for quicky beers. All kinds of help can be found here as well! :mug: Lots of Ohioans as well...

Latest posts

Back