Hello from Cali

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NiteBeest

Reaction score
Hey all -

Been trolling around here for a while now. Figured I might as well take the 2 minutes and register.

Got the bug in late 2009 while reading a book. Fictional book, but they were talking about a brewery they had built and were brewing their own beer and mead. I've always been a little into the middle age era and thought that making some mead sounded like a good time. So I started off with a 1 gallon batch of JAOM after a little searching and have gone from there. Made a few gallons last year (was staying with friends while looking for a new place so couldn't brew as much as I wanted) and have made quite a few so far this year.

Definately a fun hobby so far and I look forward to making many more batches and learning quite a bit more from all of you!

-N B

Nice to see another local around here. Granted, you're 45 mins away, but still, local enough for me. I look at it like, if I can get to your spot and back in under a tank of gas, you're local. Just remember to relax, dont worry and, a. it's probably not infected, b. check the gravity, c. fermentation can take 72 hours to start. HAHA. Welcome to your addiction.

I've been trolling enough to pick that all up. Haven't freaked out about a brew yet. Picked up a hydrometer a few batches ago, so I can finally check the gravity. The first few everyone was asking me... "What's the alcohol?" The response... "Who knows... just drink it and enjoy".

Definately looking forward to making a lot more batches in the future. I'm on vacation right now, but I think I'm going to do 5 gal EdWort's Apfelwein, 5 gal Brandon O's Graff, and 3 gal MAOM. Going to be a hot summer... gotta keep the cold beverages stocked!

Latest posts

Back