Hello from Austin, TX

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhamilton

Reaction score
Hello all!

After spending $100's of dollars per month on beer, and falling in love with brews just to have them go out of stock / disappear, I started looking into making my own beer a few weeks ago. I never knew it could be so easy.....

Stopped by Austin Homebrew to pick up a kit and a carboy and I brewed my first batch, 5 gal of AHS Apocalypso (mini-mash), on 9/8/2011.

It'll be moving to a secondary this week and I can already tell it should turn out pretty tasty from the smells coming from the airlock.

Now I have a backlog of about a dozen beers I want to brew! The only thing I don't like is the waiting -- but you can always brew more while waiting. :mug:

Awesome forum, lots to read (OMG a BBQ/Smoking section too *heaven*)-- I'll be lurking around -- just wanted to say 'Hello!'

~Robert

Welcome from another Austinite!

You should check out the Austin Zealots. They have a monthly meeting and can give you critiques on your beers as well as some tasty samples from other brewers.

Just started going myself.

I saw a bunch of Zealot stuff when i went to AHS, I'll definitely attend a few meet-ups when I have some brews to bring. And yes, the waiting sucks! I probably watched a solid hour of fermentation earlier this week -- those yeasties were making currents in the carboy :D

Back