Hello from Austin, TX!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TzeentchPlayer

Reaction score
I've been lurking on here since march/april after making the wise investment of my tax refund to purchase a brew kit from AHS.

Needless to say I really enjoy the hobby and currently have my 5th batch in primary(AHS Pumpkin Ale), with my firsts being a Newcastle clone, Live Oak Hefe clone, Boddington's Pub Ale clone, and a Belgian Saison.

Thanks for all the great info you guys give on here, it's a gold mine for noob brewers! :fro:

I guess you austin guys are getting use from your swamp coolers with the way the weather has been down there. I spent a few years in Austin. I'm glad to be back north where we have seasons.

Welcome from another noob! I'm in Atlanta but have ordered from AHS before (honey wheat kit that was so-so). How was that Newcastle clone?

The Newcastle clone went over great with friends. However, being my first batch I had no idea about temp control.... My brother was the only one who noticed the banana flavor! :D

Ah, yeah, it just happens that our nut brown last winter got too hot fermenting in the laundry room and ended up a bit like a banana nut brown. But people really liked it anyway...

Latest posts

Back