Hello from Alabama!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phyllobeddo

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've been homebrewing since around 2005 after my wife bought me a Mr. Beer kit. I quickly graduated from the simplistic Mr Beer to extracts and mini mashes and all kind of cool beer making equipment. :mug:

I have maybe five or six 5 gallon batches under my belt since that time. I don't get to brew on a regular basis, although I hope that changes soon. My last batch up until a few weeks ago was in November 2009.

To get back into the swing of things, I ordered an extract cream ale from MWS. I got tired of bottling, so I broke down and bought a keg. I plan to keg and force carbonate the cream ale this week. It's cold crashing right now.

I also enjoy making wine and mead as well.

Welcome!

I agree, bottling is tiring. I make more cider than I do beer or wine, and for the cider I always bottle in reusable PET bottles.

I don't own a keg, but from what I've been reading people who try to carbonate the keg too fast sometimes end up displeased with the results.

Welcome from lower Alabama. I also took a long time off from brewing (7 years!) but restarted last year when the legislature finally passed and Bentley signed the homebrewing legalization bill.

Thanks, guys. Appreciate the welcome.

Because of lack of enforcement, I never worried with the legalities of home-brewing in Alabama. However, when I first started the rumor was that it was legal. With the advent of Free the Hops, it came to light that I was, in fact, doing something illegal! I'm glad that was finally corrected last year.

Back