Hello form Regina, Saskatchewan

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deadalive

Reaction score
Hello all,

I've recently started home brewing (in July). I've been focusing on kits to get a hang of things. Tonight I attempted my First hack (don't know my terminology here) of a kit and converted a cream ale kit into a ruby porter. Hopefully things turn out.

This forum is great, answered many questions I've had so far without having to ask them. :) One thing is for sure is that I have the brewing bug!

Welcome! Nice to see another S'katchewanian (Regina is my home town).

So you MUST be intimately familiar with Bushwakker's and the ALES Club by now, right?

Go Riders! :D

It's a pity we don't see much activity of the ALEs club like that for example of the MontreAlers, or even the Cowtown Yeast Wranglers. I know they are active, especially in the NHC competitions. The Members of Barleyment have slowed down recently, but I expect the traffic to pick up shortly.

Bushwakkers is where my love of beer began, in fact thats where I was last night lol.

I plan on joining the ALES club in time for their December meeting.

I visited Regina for three weeks for work several years ago in the dead of winter... I learned a lot. Namely, always dress warmer than the idiot you're laughing at for over-dressing, always plug your oilpan heater in, and that human snot can freeze if you breathe in through your nose too quickly. :)

Beautiful people up there.. and LOOOOOTS of grain fields. :)

Hey, a little off topic, but anyone around from Moose Jaw? I feel lonely with nobody to brew with (read: catch my dumb mistakes), and haven't joined the ALES club in Regina because I'm not sure I'd get in to many meetings. It may be worth the $50/year just for 10% off at Wascana Wine and Brew, but I'm sure they probably don't need a ghost member they never see.

Hey Cart from what I've been told and it's listed on their site membership is only $20/year. I haven't joined yet but I will be joining next week.

Hey, a little off topic, but anyone around from Moose Jaw? I feel lonely with nobody to brew with (read: catch my dumb mistakes), and haven't joined the ALES club in Regina because I'm not sure I'd get in to many meetings. It may be worth the $50/year just for 10% off at Wascana Wine and Brew, but I'm sure they probably don't need a ghost member they never see.

You should join! I doubt you would regret it.

Besides, how long is that drive from Moose Jaw to Regina? 40 minutes or so? I drive that long just to get across Calgary to our meetings! (pretty close, anyways)

:mug:

Hey Cart from what I've been told and it's listed on their site membership is only $20/year. I haven't joined yet but I will be joining next week.

No shiat. Could have sworn the dude at wascana said 50, but you're right. You'll likely see me there!

EDIT: received spousal approval...sweet!

Where is the best place in or near Regina for buying grain in bulk... like a 55lb sack?

Latest posts

Back