Hello Everyone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gadget369

Reaction score
Since I am a beginner I will post here first. I am new to this hobby/way of life and just want to say hello. Great forum and plenty of good info here. Thanx

Welcome to the boards! A quick tip, the use of the Search option will help solve most, if not all, of your problems :)

Greetings. I'm new too.

The beer-drinking way-of-life part I have down solid. I've been practicing it for many years, and you know what they say.... As for the brewing part, I'm just beginning my journey!

A post earlier said that the searches will answer most of your questions, but as a fairly new brewer i must tell, when someone answers a question that you have specifically asked you get the the specific answer. As such, im sure i will get flamed for this, but i never search when i want a specific answer for my specific question. I can find a generic answer by using google if i wanted too.

Reverend

Hello. I am as new to this as you are, but I read a post on this board that recommended reading John Palmer's book "How to Brew: Everything You Need To Know To Brew Beer Right The First Time". I ordered it from Amazon that day and have been eagerly reading it since it cam on Monday. This book is great. you can get as much, or as little information as you want out of it. I would reccommend picking a copy of it up.

There is alot of John's information on his website, but I feel the hard copy, with the additional information and illustrations, make it a worthwile addition to your library.

Also, hello there local, where in Philly?

I'll second the suggestion to get a hard copy of "How to Brew: Everything You Need To Know To Brew Beer Right The First Time".

For the 15 bucks it costs on amazon, It's WELL worth the money.

Welcome!

I'm fairly new too (on my 4th batch) and I found lots of good info from Palmer's book, but what helped me the most was The Complete Joy of Homebrewing by Charlie Papazian. It's a very relaxing read.

As far as the people I have met on this board, they rock! :rockin:
I have read some boards (on various topics) where you will get flamed for just about anything you say. It doesn't seem to be like that here.

Back