Hello Everyone, Hail from HUMBOLDT COUNTY, CA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My name is, well ill just go by A. I am currently residing in the northern california redwood region, in Humboldt County, I live in Arcata. Around me there are several great microbreweries, like Lost Coast Brewery, Mad River Brewerey, Humboldt Brewery (Hemp Cream Ale, delicious), Eel River Brewery, Six Rivers Brewery, not to mention, several SoCal, like Bear Republic, and microbrews from Oregon like Deschutes Brewery, which is great. Sierra Nevada Brewing Co isn't very far either, even the most mininmal corner store, stocks great microbrews and a wide palate-pleasing variety can be found almost anywhere. There is also a great deal of homebrewing going on around here, not to mention the headiest marijuana cultivation in the country. I am brand new to home-brewing, and well probably later be calling on some of you for advise.
For my first expierence with homebrew, I will atempt to to make the beginers brew discussed in the first chapter of Charlie Papazian's, "Complete Joy of Home Brewing" which has been recomended to me as a great place to start.
So again, hello everyone, and please do, any advice for a homebrew virgin??

PS- Anybody else from Humboldt??:tank:

Welcome aboard. It sounds like you are surrounded by excelent microbrew (among other things).

The best advise that I can think of is sanitize sanitize sanitize, then be very very patient.

- magno

Hello A,

Welcome! This is a great forum to learn about homebrewing.

I'm not too far from you in Chico, but my wife and I graduated from Humboldt State a while back-Go Lumberjacks! We loved Arcata, hated to leave, but too hard to make a living.

Like Magno said, sanitize everything, every time! Also check out www.howtobrew.com for some invaluable info.

I was in that area last month. Some of the best beer, food, and scenery ever. All those microbrews are one of the reasons I came back with a resolve to homebrew more!

Lived there about a million years ago, seems like it sometimes anyway. Actually lived all over northern Cal while growing up. Arcata, Eureka, Boonville Chico and some I don't remember. I'm in Okla now, what a change!
I'll chat later.

looks like no one posted here in awhile, but thought I would say hi. Any humboldt brewers out there? I just moved back and am trying to find a good club.

Back