Hello from Columbus, Ohio!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JaredHessler

Reaction score

Hello! I have been a long time lurker and finally got up the courage to start posting.

First of all, I owe this forum a big THANK YOU because without the help of several threads I probably would still be stuck in the decision making process.

It goes without saying that beer is great…so it's easy to see how my progression to home brewing was a fairly organic process.

After being exposed to craft brews during college the crappy beers that most students drink just didn't cut it anymore. I had several friends who dabbled in brewing and I hung around at various points in the process but did not have a ton of money or time to try my hand at brewing.

Fast forward a few years. After visiting a few local microbreweries (Wolf's Ridge, Columbus Brewing Company, Neil House Brewery) and having gone to back-to-back-to-back Beerfests a buddy got a brew kit from Northern Brewers as a Christmas gift and was nice enough to let me help. The process fascinated me and the outcome was beer so who could be mad? I invested in my own kit (Brewers Best Starter) and did an extract brew (Brewers Best Amber Pale Ale), both of which I purchased from Buckeye Brewcraft in Westerville, Ohio. Now I am really hooked. I found a homemade 5gal mash tun for sale on Craigslist and struck a deal. I just brewed my second batch (first all grain) last night, a Scrimshaw inspired clone.

Thanks again, I hope to be an active member. I'll keep everyone updated on the progress with the APA tasting this week and in a month or so there will be an update on the Pilsner.

Happy brewing!

After being here a few years,I'm amazed at how many Ohioans are getting into home brewing. Things around here are going to start changing when this re-finance is done. as long as it goes the way it's looking so far. I have a man cave (Parlor in Georgian colonial style) that's getting some updates soon. I'm sure you'll be heading the same way in the future. It happens to all of us sooner or later. Ya just get a home brew jones...:ban::mug::ban:

North-East Ohio here. I love brewing new beers, old beers, and clone beers. Also the camaraderie in here is epic. Good to meet you two.

North-East Ohio here. I love brewing new beers, old beers, and clone beers. Also the camaraderie in here is epic. Good to meet you two.

I just saw a video on the news this morning about the fire y'all had downtown. Been a while since we were out to the parachuting school. Once my lil tuner is fixed & through e-check,some of us in this forum were talking about getting together.:mug:

Back