Hello everyone from a new member.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josephbrew

Reaction score
I've been reading a lot of the different threads on this forums and I love the great amount of information here. I hope to learn a lot from the forum and keep improving my home brew beer experience. I want to jump into AG brewing and learn to make killer beer. :mug:. Thank you.

Get out while you still can!

Nah, seriously, welcome to HBT. I would strongly recommend, if you haven't already, a couple extract and partial mash batches so you can get the hang of the boil/fermentation process, since you'll want to have that down when moving to AG.

That said, AG is not difficult once you get into it, and really only costs about a $90 investment for a cooler and conversion kit (less if you're a scrupulous buyer), and you just have to know some basic math to calculate your water temperatures.

Get out while you still can!

Nah, seriously, welcome to HBT. I would strongly recommend, if you haven't already, a couple extract and partial mash batches so you can get the hang of the boil/fermentation process, since you'll want to have that down when moving to AG.

That said, AG is not difficult once you get into it, and really only costs about a $90 investment for a cooler and conversion kit (less if you're a scrupulous buyer), and you just have to know some basic math to calculate your water temperatures.

Yeah, I've been brewing all extract beer and beers that uses some steeping grains for about 2 years but I heard AG beer tastes even better so I want to start AG brewing. I made a good California Common beer which is made with some steeping grains and I wonder if I could start making this style beer from AG and if it gets a lot better then :ban:. That will be awesome.

BTW I already have a 70 qt cooler for 10 gallon batches. :mug:

I also like Stouts, Dark lagers, Nut brown ales, Pilsners,Ales etc. Almost all styles of beer.

Back