Hello Everybody

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vanz72

Reaction score
I've started the satisfying hobby of homebrewing on July of this year. Got started by visiting my local homebrew in Green Bay, WI. On my first visit there, I was hooked. I made 7 batches from the "Brewers Best" kits, and am happy with each one of them. I happened upon this site by doing a web search and was taken quite aback by the ton of information that everybody has to exchange. I was most impressed by how everybody responds in a helpful and fraternal manner, no obnoxious or condescending replies that I could see.

I guess my main goal in homebrewing is to someday make homebrew from homegrown hops and grain malts from homegrown barley. Not sure how well hops can grow in northern Wisconsin, but it sounds like turning barley into malt is quite a process in itself. I am probably getting ahead of myself being a new homebrewer, I still need to try all grain brewing. Well, I guess first things first, I'll learn as I go.

Also very pleased to see some fellow Cheeseheads in this forum. Just please don't ask me what is up with the Packers this year :) as I am as confused about that as anyone.

Well, that's pretty much it. Thank you in advance for your help.

There are TONS and TONS of little steps that you can take to improve your brewing and you'll be able to find info on all of it here. I've been adding a new trick with every brew - keeps things fun!

You'll probably want to get into starters and developing some extract recipes before venturing into all grain, but the choice is ultimately yours

Welcome to the board. Like rdjw I've been adding something new each time I brew and find that it's really helped me get each step in the process down before adding more complications. I also want to move to AG at some point, but I'm keeping it simple for now and experimenting with hops and yeasts first.

Vance - welcome a-board! Reviewing and getting advice from this board really accelerated by brewing confidence and experience. You're fortunate, you have some pretty tasty brewpubs up there!

Skol!

Back