Hello again guys!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ILOVEBEER

Reaction score
I last brewed six months ago and have been busy with a newborn.....getting back into the AG. I would like to hear of ANY recipes you guys have made WITHOUT starters to give me some ideas for my next few batches....only thing I am not really into is porters......my experience level is intermediate at best.......I have made some recipes from MANY of you members and love them....thanks for the help and BTW....Merry Xmas!

Joe

No matter what recipe, if it's an American or vritsh style you can use dry yeast and have no need for a starter. Us-05 for American styles, s-04, Windsor, or Nottingham for british.

Great advice......thanks.

I have been looking over Biermuncher's recipes as well as Yooperbrew's.....I have made their beer before and it turned out great.

A Mild Ale would have a lower OG that would let you pitch without a starter.

And congrats on the baby! My son turns 8 months today, so I know how a baby can slow down the brewing process! :) Hang in there!

Back