Heatsinks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandyeggoxj

Reaction score
What do you guys recommend? I need to cool 5 dual channel 50-amp SSRs. I plan to put one large heat sink on the top of the metal panel and let the heat radiate up from there. I was looking at ebrewsupply but they are still out of stock. Where else should I shop?

No Joke. They are even din-rail mountable which is handy. Everything else in the panel will be on din rails. I was just hoping to not need a fan. I don't want the giant hole in the panel. I know that the LEDs and switches will allow contaminates in, but not on the volume that a big fan will.

I am only pulling 23 amps per dual channel ssr, do you think I will even need a fan? These are the relays that I am using:

If you don't like a big hole in your box you can do something like this:

fanholes.jpg

I would just cut a big hole in the box. Just big enough to have .25" overlap of heatsink around edges. Mount heatsink directly to box on exterior. Mount ssr directly to heatsink interior. Apply fan if necessary, exterior.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Thanks guys. I think I have it figured out now. Facinerous, that is exactly what I am going to do. It will get heat out and keep whatever is floating around from getting inside. At any given time I expect to be dissapating around 60-65 watts of energy. A big sink externally mounted should work great.

Latest posts

Back