Heading to Breckenridge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HumulusHead

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm heading to Breckenridge tomorrow for a cousins wedding. Flying into Denver, landing about 9 am.

Anybody have any recommendations for places for some good beer? Possibly even a good brewery to check out?

Landing 9 am then heading to breck and spend the whole day in breck checking things out. So most likely will be looking for places in breck and not Denver. But who knows!

Also any good beer I should pick up while I'm in the area that's a must have??? I'm planning on bringing a few bottles back to ND with me

Thanks in advance!!!

Sent from myPhone

Well aren't you in luck...this weekend is Breckenridge's Oktoberfest. Beer tokens are $6 for a liter of Paulaner stuff. It will be very busy up there, with main street closed and all, but great fun. Heading up tomorrow for our 4th consecutive year, lederhosen and all.

The breck brewery is always a good place to go, the Dredge too. Get some Well Built, if you haven't tried it already; Imperial ESB aged in Stranahan's Whiskey barrels.

I love that city. Lots of fun. While you are there try a Laughing Lab from the Bristol Brewery you will not be disappointed. The brewery is not in Breck but you can find their beer there

In Breck is the original Breckenridge brewery. They use it for their 'pilot/test' batches. They may or may not share, but doesn't hurt to ask if 'Santa's workshop' (their in house name for the place) has anything.

Dillon has Pug Ryans (steakhouse and brewery) as well as The Dam Brewery. Dillon is about 15 minute drive from Breck. Between them is the town of Frisco that has Backcountry Pizza and Brewery. All make decent beer. I think Dam Brewery is the best fo these 3, plus good food.

Also check out Breckenridge Distillery, located on the east end of town (i think they have set tour times, just google Breckenridge Distillery).

If you are looking to stop in Denver before you head up, PM me and i can point you in the right direction.

Dillon Dam Brewery, Tommyknocker's are on the way to Breck. Caution is near the airport, as is Dry Dock North (just opened). Downtown is Great Divide, Prost, Crooked Stave- all fantastic. Breck is awesome, have a great trip :mug:

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1410558434.643681.jpg

Excellent idea!!!

Sent from myPhone

Actually getting married there next year cant wait to get there. Heading over at the end of the month to check out the venue. Whats the name of there venue? I may want to check that out also.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Actually getting married there next year cant wait to get there. Heading over at the end of the month to check out the venue. Whats the name of there venue? I may want to check that out also.

The lodge and spa at Breckenridge. It's a pretty nice place, and will be even nicer in a few months once the remodeling is done! The views are amazing. I would reccomend it :)

Sent from myPhone

Wow, thats crazy that is actually our first option. The venue looks great from what i saw online. Im going to pm you later, would rather keep this tread on topic.

So breck was pretty freaking awesome. Tried some damn good beer and saw some cool stuff!

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1410785411.153001.jpg

This is a view from where the actual wedding took place. Pretty cool!

Thanks everyone for their suggestions on beers and places to go!

Only thing I didn't get to do that I really wanted to was to stop at Dillon Dam Brewery. We tried, but it was 1030 when we were there on Friday and they didn't open til 1130. We didn't feel like waiting around so we headed to breck.

I was actually able to bring some beer back too! Sadly I couldn't find anything local that I hadn't had before, but I was able to get ahold of some firestone walker stuff and dogfish head stuff. Never had any their stuff before and can't get it in Nd.

Sent from myPhone

Latest posts

Back