HBT Fantasy Football League #2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which style of Draft do you want?

• Snake - Google it!

• Linear - Google the First find out 2nd!

Results are only viewable after voting.
it'll be interesting to see who squeeks into the playoffs, i think it's only the top 4 teams that are a go.. gonna be tight!

i thought for sure i was locking up a playoff spot this week but then....

F*%$ING CHOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! phuck!!!!!!!

Tied for dead last. That has to account for something, right?

Someone is getting two cans of Gandhi Bot...

Damn, really took a nose dive. Loser of 5 straight. I'll get to the bottle shop soon.

word, well whomever the victor might be, they may score something limited if they want and like sours, Anchorage Brewing Company collaborated with Crooked Stave;

1467417_458086904309539_31040210_n.jpg

said it's limited to 500 cases and bottling soon....i'm stoked..

word, well whomever the victor might be, they may score something limited if they want and like sours, Anchorage Brewing Company collaborated with Crooked Stave;

1467417_458086904309539_31040210_n.jpg

said it's limited to 500 cases and bottling soon....i'm stoked..

Very cool. I've had some good barrel aged funkyness from Anchorage recently. That should be really killer.

Who is RacingRam and Eskimo Bros? And more importantly where do they live? Got to see who would be cheaper to ship to, before I decide who I will rout for.

lmao, well played..

Racing Ram -- Wisonson
Eskimo Bros -- Cali

WI may be a bit cheaper for me. But really it'll be a toss up. Here's hoping you both have outstanding weekends, and it comes down to a last second field goal on MNF.

Now to decide what the winner shall recieve from me.

here's to hoping the winner doesn't get jipped by lack of participation from others..this thread has been rather quiet since the draft honestly..

If this league continues next year massive changes need to be made for it to be more competitive. I checked out halfway through becuase there was no chance to move up. It is what it is this year and I enjoy a league with people i can interact with that I also don't have to work with.

well i'll tell you what change #1 should be, not a F'in snake draft.. and then the waiver time for sure..

Smaller bench like 3 spots. And at least 8 PO spots. There was 20 people with only 4 spots? We have 6 in my 10 man work leauge.

yeah, the playoffs could have started a week earlier and doubled the spots, which would have let me in the door!

3 on the bench seems a little tight though..

Smaller bench like 3 spots. And at least 8 PO spots. There was 20 people with only 4 spots? We have 6 in my 10 man work leauge.

I agree, it would be much more competitive with a different format.

1 QB
1 RB
1 WR
1 TE
1 K
1 DEF

3, maybe 4 bench spots.

And no waivers.

There were times when you couldn't fill your roster with starting players.

There were times when you couldn't fill your roster with starting players.

Times? That happened to me every week since week two-ish. lol

That said, I too checked out about 4 weeks ago when I had absolutely no shot (check the standings - I'm in dead last) of making the playoffs and no roster changes I made would have increased or decreased my chances at winning that week.

It is what it is. A 20 team league is exactly what I thought it would be. A total crapshoot. It was fun. And congrats to the champ. Being on the east coast, I hope the dude from Wisconsin wins. For shipping reasons.

A note. Next week is Christmas. Your beer will not go out next week.

I'll also have to ship first week of the year to the winner.

Waivers are necessary. No waivers means whoever wakes up first gets whoever they want. Biased towards people on the east coast.

Add 1 PPR to balance out the RBs and WRs. Also gives TEs an opportunity for a couple more points per week. If PPR is added, change the flex spot to include TE. Instead of taking away roster and bench why not go the other way and maybe add a position or two like IDP? Spread out the scoring a little more. It Is a crapshoot league anyway with 20 people. Might as well have a little fun with it.

I never had a starting RB on my roster all season. Limit the bench is one move to make.

I do like having 20 teams (means 19 beers to the winner), but the rosters need to be tightened down to make it able to fill out a roster with guys that will actually have a shot of seeing the field.

I'll have to ship after new years, as I will be in CO the next 2 weeks.

No ones going to use bench spots for IDP with that many available. Limiting it will keep a pool of players that can be used for injuries and benchings especially at a thin position such as rb.

And I agree with changing to ppr finally did one this year and the strategy and ability to may be not grab the top wr or rbs and go with someone who just grinds out catches was more fun for me. Also yes to flex being W/R/T

PPR will be a huge change. After more thought. Remove 1 rb, 1 wr position and two bench spots. Add a second flex and change boy flex spots to rwt. Adds 60 players back to he pool and gives a little flexibility. Also maybe an auction draft rather than snake.

Well that's the championship, people. Way to completely **** the bed today, entire team except Jamaal Charles. Congrats to Eskimo Brothers on the W. Let us know where to send the bombers.

Unfortunately it was rather uneventful. I was hoping for some last minute heroics from Forte to push me over the top, but I'll take it! Props to you for going 13-1 in the regular season, that's as impressive as winning it all. There's so much luck involved on a weekly basis, I lost my other league title today because of luck (Bush & Wright, opponent had the Bills D & Dalton)

Anyways, as to the bombers, I'm in no rush to get them so you guys can take your time to find some good ones! Plus, with the holidays, no one wants to go to the post office and all that stuff right now. I apologize for those of you on the East coast because you're shipping to CA haha. My address is:

Aaron Cyr
24834 Sunday Dr
Moreno Valley, CA. 92557

Also, thanks to the other Aaron (Beer Pressure) for setting up league #2 so we could get 20 more guys involved. I know how frustrating being Commish can be at times. Hope to see you guys back next year :mug:

Thank you. You guys can send whatever you'd like, that's part of the fun! Something I wouldn't be able to get in southern California would be pretty sweet though.

Aaron, I'll get your bomber out next week. Been visiting family since before Christmas, heading back to WI on Monday (just in time for -20F weather).

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Home Brew mobile app

Just getting settled in to the new year ship it out hopefully this week

Not a problem guys. I appreciate those of you who are actually sending one out unlike those who flaked on the league after 2 weeks haha

Congrats Aaron.

I'll get you something shipped out this week. I should be able to come up with something tasty for you.

Cheers

Back