Have you ever had FAXE 10%?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's been probably 10 years, but I found it undrinkable. I can't remember any more details than that

I've had it.

Not bad for so high an alcohol content.

The high content is the dominant taste and feel of it. The beer hardly even gets a chance to come through.

oops seems like my taste in beer is a little suspect? BUT, FAXE is not for the people that like them hoppy!!!

I found it cloying and generally unpleasant, even drinking it at near freezing doesn't diminish the flavour enough.

I didn't think it was 'that' bad...

I've certainly drank worse things in the name of higher alcohol content!!!

When I lived in Germany, I had a beer called FAXE a few times. I don't remember the %, but it was a 500 ml can, and I think it was from Denmark.

As for what I thought of it: There is tons of better beer available in Germany, but this was sold at a convenience store near my flat that had a terrible selection, but was open late. In hindsight, I feel like an idiot for buying it instead of... well, pretty much anything else.

Back