Have i told you?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lazarus0530

Reaction score
Have I told you all how much I love this new hobby? I'm going ape **** over it!
When I was (I was a bit of a "jock" also) I tried the model train train thing. But it got kinda old watching the train just keep going around in circles and left me and my pops shrugging our shoulder "well what can we do next?"
Then after high school I took up golf I really do enjoy this "hobby" me and my old man really enjoy the 19th hole the best . As I was saying this one always leaves us shrugging our shoulders and usually at the end of ever round I hear this from my so called senor golf expert aka my dad " why lord why have you giving me a son who can't putt a ball into a three inch cup WHY!?"
This last Christmas my father (I'm sure my mom threw up her arms in protest or had no idea because her shock was as big as mine) gifted me my first home brew kit. Now this is the same 60 year old man who believes that it is a proven fact budwieser is the end all to all beers " holy **** how can you not like bud" as he examines the bottle "look it says it right here in gold! King of beers" the same exact 60 year old man who took one sip of an Abita beer I brought back from new Orleans from a mardi gras trip (Abita one of my all time favorites beers ever) and said "what the hell is this louisiana alligator swamp piss beer"
Well I brewed my first batch the day after Christmas and was actually nervous about his approval I'm a grown ass man with a wife and two kids . I'm 34 years old and love my old man to death...but I still value his opinions . After six weeks I called him up. "Yo dad my beer is ready"
"well bring it over let's give it a try."
Boy that first batch was an unexpected high! We got ripped! We took our time and enjoyed every sip.
To his approval he said to me after two weeks of every other day drinkn "when's the next batch " which I translated to "when can we drink that fabulous home-brew of yours?"
This is a wonderful hobby to me. Now to get my brothers and friends off the miller lite!

sounds like your "hobby" revolves around making other people happy. Either way, it's a good thing you have that connection. Homebrewing will connect you to a world previously unknown. Other people who appreciate real beer will become your allies. enjoy developing your craft and your relationships

Back