Has anyone used the keg post conversion kits (pin-lock to ball lock) from Adventures in Homebrewing (AIH)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J2W2

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm toying with the idea of converting my pin-lock kegs to ball-lock. I've looked around some at the post conversion kits offered, and the ones from Adventures in Homebrewing look nice, but are priced much cheaper than other kits I'm seeing. I'm wondering if anyone has used these kits and if so, what do you think about them? I've included an image of the 9/16-18 kit, they sell the 19/32-18 ones as well.

Along these lines, does anyone know the thread measurements for a Goodwill Bottling Coke keg? I have one in use right now, so no way to actually check until the keg gets switched out.

Any other thoughts/experiences/recommendations on a pin-lock conversion are welcome.

Thanks for your input!

Conversion Kit.JPG

If the rubber handle on the top of the keg has cutouts next to each post it’s a Cornelius. Those have 19/32”x18 threads. If your keg’s handle is a full circle you have a Firestone keg which uses 9/16”x18 threads.

This link and this other link are quite useful.

Back