Has anyone seen this?! (yeast starter saga)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personality-wise, yes, he's definitely the Pee Wee Herman type.

As far as looks, I thought he looked like a gay overweight John Cusack with Downs Syndrome.

TiberI'llseeyouallinhellBrew

Ya know, when I was watching it, I kept thinking he looked like a John Cusack character.

"He was a man with a dream. A dream to make his own beer in a world without germs or immigrants. He hated all that was dirty from wild yeast to unmoisturized skin, even the 9-11 cover-up. John Cusack in Take Some Advice! Coming this Fall, to a theater near you."

Im so glad I found this post I have spent the last 7hrs listening to this guy in the background. My boss just yelled at me for repeating, for repeating myself.

I think it is ironic he is all about the BN since JZ said he has been experimenting with can kits and basically says it could place if the brewer knew what he was doing. (With better yeast)

Seriously though, if I watched this guy instead of reading "How to Brew" I never would have started brewing. Who after making their first beer didnt think it had some sort of twang? I would be suprised if Austin Homebrew really said the LME you buy from them wont give you that green apple taste.

Also, what is special with his pint glass?

You know,I just started thinking that,after 17 fricken pages,we're lending more credence to this guy than he deserves. Seems way too full of himself. Hooray for me,& not much useable info. 2 thumbs down.

You know,I just started thinking that,after 17 fricken pages,we're lending more credence to this guy than he deserves. Seems way too full of himself. Hooray for me,& not much useable info. 2 thumbs down.

I think absolutely no one has given him any credit. Most all posts are bashing this guy as he certainly deserves.

If your ever feeling down. Just watch this guy you'll laugh all day. What a joke

I'm getting ready to start my starter for my Brew day on Saturday. Do you think this will be good enough protection or do I need the full suit or just a hairnet at the very least?

2011-03-24_1907.png

If I take my shirt off, it'll scare the yeast so much they will not reproduce! I need viable yeast.

If you take your shirt off, remember to shave your whole torso and apply starsan bubbles as after-shave.

Still watching first video. Not sure if it has been mentioned, but I like how his jug of starsan is cloudy. Surprised he doesn't comment on it.

Yea wig, I didn't even know that was starsan until he poured it and I saw the bubbles. I thought it was an empty, cloudy jug

I have no clue lol. I was planning on ordering a chef's coat with my name embroidered on it for brew days, but this guy made it all sound so uncool, I think I changed my mind

If my memory serves me correct, that guy on the video is the same D-bag that made a whole bunch of rants about a bad Cooper's Kit he tried to make.

I'm getting ready to start my starter for my Brew day on Saturday. Do you think this will be good enough protection or do I need the full suit or just a hairnet at the very least?

2011-03-24_1907.png

hahaha...awesome! I do not think you are safe from infection.

134 degrees after an hour? WTF? Does his refrigerator double as a heater? What a chronic dip ****. I wouldn't brew with this clown if you paid me.

coming soon...to a fridge near you!

Just a quick photo of me getting supplies to make a yeast starter :D

bio_suit.jpg

Awesome!

I was watching the bastard on the Brahma review in Rep Dom. The idiot was saying that the water there was bad and they would have used RO. What an idiot, that beer is brewed in Brazil. :drunk:

That yellow coil hose was autoclaved for 5 days prior to use, and the air running through it to the suit has been run through a 5 stage sterilization filter system. You cant be too careful, one small tear could lead to a floaty in the air that you can see in the sunlight. its tough to see but I am also slathered with lotion inside that suit.

Delusions of grandeur. Wow. And I can't stop watching. Hands down the most "entertaining" HB videos I've ever seen.

"C'mon guys! Lacing, guys!"

Gotta love this silly Canadian.

Sent from Spreadhead's iPhone.

I think my favorte part is when hes rubbing the lotion around and you can see him get some on the gloves then hes putting his hands in everthing. Ironic that he went around bashing coopers for taste. Yeah thats cuz you got lotion in your beer ya tard!

I just thought it's funny how he puts lotion on with the back of his hands, when he's putting gloves on anyway

I made my starter tonight fully clothed and in my kitchen. I didn't wear a mask and I think I got air in my flask and jug (I lack a 2nd 2 liter flask..) I didn't crank the cap on my jug on tight, in fact, I didn't even use it. The best I could find was some aluminum foil. I used it on my flask too because I couldn't be bothered with digging out an airlock.

Will my starter be ok or am I doomed for an infection because I didn't put lotion on? ;)

I never even pour a beer from the tap unless I'm wearing a full clean-room suit, complete with the footies and gloves, I wear a mask and goggles while pouring. I then drink it through a straw, I use a modified carboy cap, one opening has the straw, the other has an airlock with a sanitary filter on top.

strange thing is it still tastes like a combination of plastic, sanitizer, and sour apples. :drunk:

I made my starter tonight fully clothed and in my kitchen. I didn't wear a mask and I think I got air in my flask and jug (I lack a 2nd 2 liter flask..) I didn't crank the cap on my jug on tight, in fact, I didn't even use it. The best I could find was some aluminum foil. I used it on my flask too because I couldn't be bothered with digging out an airlock.

Will my starter be ok or am I doomed for an infection because I didn't put lotion on? ;)

Next time use the aluminum foil as a hat.

emot-tinfoil.gif

they are watching us......
from above.....
the particles.....
THEY'RE EVERYWHERE!!!!
AAAAAGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!

That yellow coil hose was autoclaved for 5 days prior to use, and the air running through it to the suit has been run through a 5 stage sterilization filter system. You cant be too careful, one small tear could lead to a floaty in the air that you can see in the sunlight. its tough to see but I am also slathered with lotion inside that suit.

I never even pour a beer from the tap unless I'm wearing a full clean-room suit, complete with the footies and gloves, I wear a mask and goggles while pouring. I then drink it through a straw, I use a modified carboy cap, one opening has the straw, the other has an airlock with a sanitary filter on top.

strange thing is it still tastes like a combination of plastic, sanitizer, and sour apples. :drunk:

Oh my god stop!! I'm laughing so hard!!! I laughed for about an hour for the first 10 pages...finally calmed myself. And then you pushed me back off again. I felt guilty for a bit there...but its just so f***in funny! This thread has just made my week!

Back