Has anyone ordered a custom chiller from Jaded?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Their King Cobra chiller isn't a bad fit for me, but it isn't perfect. I do 5 gal batches in a giant kettle with a heating element near the bottom. With my typical ending volume, the top half inch of the King Cobra chiller will not be submerged. That is probably tolerable but I am curious about a custom build. Has anyone done one, and how did it go? Was there a price premium?

I had them make one for me about two years ago.Ihad them make it larger in diameter and space the coils farther apart so whirlpool would work better. I also had them change the height that the tubes came out of the kettle and turn them down more in case a hose leaked it would not run water into the kettle. I don't remember a price increase
but there could have been.
They did a nice job making it for me and I'm still happy with it.

Tom

I believe if you go on their site you can select the custom price in a drop-down menu. I seem to remember it being a $10 price difference.

I got hydra last year and it’s definitely been one of my favorite purchases. I can get temps down to 140s inside of a minute and was able to get this past batch to low 60’s in less than 10 minutes.

Thanks guys. A few bucks more is no big deal. I just didn't want to bother them for a quote if it was an extra Franklin, ya know? Glad to hear they are easy to work with too.

Latest posts

Back