Has anybody done this before?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryan_boc

Reaction score
I recently bought a twelve pack of Sam Adams White Ale and I'm not too crazy about it. I recently tried Dogfishhead 90-Minute IPA for the first time ever and every since then everything else just seems too mild for me.

So, in a (drunken) effort to up the bitterness on this, I took a pinch of loose-leaf Earl Grey and put it in a glass of this White Ale. It still doesn't compare to the 90-Minute IPA (I'm not really convinced that it added any more bitterness to the beer) but it did add some much needed flavor. Also, the carbonation in the beer makes the tea leaves dance up and down in the glass... very cool! :D

Once I got all crazy and put an orange slice in a wit beer.
Sap.
But seriously- I won't knock it. Five bucks says I try it some random day to see if your nuts or not.

I'm sorry and don't take this as a slap but why would you buy a white ale and expect it to be hoppy?:confused: If that is what you are looking for in a beer then pick up a hoppy style of beer.

You need to steep 1/2 ounce of cascade (or other C) hops in 2 cups of hot (almost boiling) water for 10 minutes, strain off the "tea" and use that as an additive to your beer.

Back