Harbor Freight Angle Grinder

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure I do! But I didn't know if the 3" disks were just smaller in diameter or if there is something else different. If they're just smaller in diameter then I would rather use those and save a little cash.

Odds are the arbor is a different diameter. Besides the 4.5" wheels are only $4.99 for 5.

Make sure you wear safety glasses wear tight fitting clothes set it down wheel side up and unplug it immediately also hold it tight. they can kick. Those things cut well but they are dangerous especially if your not very careful.

Odds are the arbor is a different diameter. Besides the 4.5" wheels are only $4.99 for 5.

Yep they make 4" grinders and 4.5" grinders and they have diff arbors. Guess how I know. I ran into a store as it was closing and bought the wrong ones. That project was put off till the next day.

Make sure you wear safety glasses wear tight fitting clothes set it down wheel side up and unplug it immediately also hold it tight. they can kick. Those things cut well but they are dangerous especially if your not very careful.

Yea...+100...not to be a kill joy here...just trying to save a little skin. OSHA actually requires a face shield type protection while running a tool like a grinder...not just safety glasses.

Be careful folks...at 11,000 rpm when one of these things goes for a walk it can be very ugly...ok peace out and be safe!

Not that angle grinders are the most important tool in the brewing process but the safety needs reiterated. OSHA standards not even considered, don't begin to use this tool without at least chemical splash goggles. I have numerous safety glasses and tried a number of them but hot metal pieces kept finding themself too near my eyes so I bought a cheap pair of chemical splash glasses for working with rotary tools.

Not that angle grinders are the most important tool in the brewing process but the safety needs reiterated. OSHA standards not even considered, don't begin to use this tool without at least chemical splash goggles. I have numerous safety glasses and tried a number of them but hot metal pieces kept finding themself too near my eyes so I bought a cheap pair of chemical splash glasses for working with rotary tools.

I'll agree completely. Only once did I have to spend the time in my bathroom with tweezers, pulling metal shards out of my cornea, and that was the scariest thing, especially after I got the shard out and realized how big and completely imbedded in my eye it became. I now grind with a full face shield or complete wraparound safety goggles.

Cheers and be safe!

Lucas

Very good advice everyone! Thanks! I will definitely purchase a full face shield before I start grinding (esp since I have never done grinding work before).

Back