Happy yeast!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bossbrew

Reaction score
Well, I brewed with a brew buddy at the county fair (the Zymurgeeks brew every day during the fair) and ended up with 4.5 gallons of RIS in a 6.5 gallon carboy. I get home later that night and had to make a decision - ferment in the carboy or transfer into my conical. Well, I'm hot and tired, so I toss 2 packs of Nottingham into the carboy and go to bed. Get up in the morning and it's out the airlock and all over the counter and floor. Here's what it looked like before I added a blow off.

RISoverflow2.jpg

Next time - conical or anti foam!

Cheers!

Well, I brewed with a brew buddy at the county fair (the Zymurgeeks brew every day during the fair) and ended up with 4.5 gallons of RIS in a 6.5 gallon carboy. I get home later that night and had to make a decision - ferment in the carboy or transfer into my conical. Well, I'm hot and tired, so I toss 2 packs of Nottingham into the carboy and go to bed. Get up in the morning and it's out the airlock and all over the counter and floor. Here's what it looked like before I added a blow off.

RISoverflow2.jpg

Next time - conical or anti foam!

Cheers!

That looks so tasty! Nice, dark foam. Ive just started brewing, but I dont even bother with an Air like when I make wine. I just do a blowoff from the get go. Good luck on your RIS:mug:

I second this though I know I only make big beers. Blow off is the way to go. Never any surprises.

This was just one of those brain fart situations that kinda makes you grin and take pictures! When we "jungle brew" at the fair or Big brew, there's always issues like clogged chillers, boil overs, stuck mashes...and the beer always turns out just fine! Oh yeah, and one year I set my wooden brew structure on fire. I wish I had been making a smoked beer :)

Dave

Latest posts

Back